Would you like one of your relatives living abroad to join you in Canada? If you are over 18 years old and you are a citizen or a permanent resident, the ideal solution may be sponsorship so that he/she will also become a Canadian resident and be able to move here and eventually become a Canadian citizen. Sponsorship is offered to reunite family members, and you can become a sponsor for your spouse, common-law or conjugal partner, dependent child (adopted or not), and in some rare cases, for other family members.

To proceed with such applications, you and the relative you sponsor must meet certain requirements. More specifically, you will have to prove your capacity to meet your relative’s basic needs and those of his/her dependent children and sign an agreement in this respect. As for the sponsored member, he/she will pass a medical exam, undergo background and security checks required by the Canadian authorities. To better understand the process of sponsorship, call us now for a consultation!